Submitted by: Jocelyn Graham, MSc, Health Promotion Facilitator, Alberta Health Services
Whether you cringe or are ecstatic, teaching sexual health is one of the most important subjects that will impact students for the rest of their lives. We want to bring you all the help we can and that’s why we are excited to announce that our free online workshops are back! This series of sessions is designed to support Alberta teachers in teaching the human sexuality outcomes and to improve knowledge, skills and comfort in the classroom.
There are 6 sessions to choose from in the April workshop series. Each Zoom session is from 3:30-5:00 pm. Teachers can sign up for the complete series or register for any combination of sessions individually. There is no obligation to attend every session – just pick the ones that are relevant to you!
More information and registration is here: https://teachingsexualhealth.ca/teachers/sexual-health-education/teacher-workshops/
· Why Sexual Health Education Matters – Tuesday Apr 5
· Sex Ed for Today’s Classrooms – Wednesday Apr 6
· How to Answer Questions in Sexual Health Classes – Wednesday Apr 13
· Teaching Jr High Sexual Health with Confidence – Wednesday Apr 20
· Teaching Elementary Sexual Health with Confidence – Tuesday Apr 26
· Teaching CALM Sexual Health with Confidence – Wednesday Apr 27
If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com