Tuesday 2 May 2017

Health Champions Profile: Jodi Harding-Kuriger

Jodi Harding-Kuriger

Physical Education Teacher
HPEC Conference CoChair
Long-time HPECer

What led you to pursue your career? "Teaching chose me, more than I chose it. I was not 100% committed to teaching until I did my first practicum and then I KNEW I was on the right career path. Serving students and staff made me so happy!"

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 9.26.22 AM.pngWhat motivates you to be healthy? "My kids and students... I want to be here for them for a long time and I want to be a healthy, happy version of myself."










Is there an individual that inspires you to be healthy? "I am constantly inspired by my HPEC/EAS family! They make me want to lead a balanced and healthy life!"

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 9.28.56 AM.pngWhat health advice would you offer to a younger version of yourself? "Find activities that you love and can do through all stages of life."

What is your favourite quote?"If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room." --- Keep moving, keep learning